2001 Grand Cherokee WJ
Current Mods and things I have bought for it.
- Cooper ATRs 245x65R17 – These nearly cost as much as the Claws in my TJ. Unfortunately these rub a little bit on the front inner guard, hopefully this will be sorted out with a mild lift. I really wanted to run another set of Mickey Thompsons, but they didn’t have a size in the ATR to fit (without a lift).
- IPFs donated from my TJ – mounted these straight on the front bumper.
- Window Tint by Trent at TKO Tinting Vic Park – great work.
- Rear Tow hitch hook – From Big Balls Offroad on Ebay store.
- Front Tow Hook Kit – Ebay easier to get these fron the States, than to deal with the local dealers.
- Aircompressor – The Big Boss from The4wdShop on Ebay – love the speed of the new compressor.
- K&N FIPK – sounds great , but rather heavy on the juice – soon to be replaced by a K&N drop in panel filter, hopefully that will try bring down the fuel consumption. Bought the FIPK and drop in from Mikes Performance Center on Ebay, great prices and delivers to Australia.
- Front DBA Slotted Rotors – the dealer tried charging me $600+ to replace the front rotors with stock rotors and pads, will they ever learn? IDIOTS! So I sourced better parts and did it myself for a fair bit cheaper. Threw in Bendix 4wd pads.
At the moment I am now questioning whether I will have it much longer so can’t justify spending too much on it. Anyway here are some things I’d like to do at some stage…
- ARB Suspension lift – I haven’t measured it but I reckon the Grand is sitting a bit lower than stock, possibly due to the coils degarding over time. I feel like every 4WD out there is taller than me. I planned on doing the lift as soo as I got it, but never got around to it.
- Upgrade Sound System – Maybe include a DVD player. Would be pretty cool to have a 24+ inch panel mounted in the tail gate – just for some entertainment whilst camping.
- Rhino Rack
- Fire Extinguisher
- UHF – may move the UHF from the TJ to the Grand.