The last time I went fishing I discovered that I needed to revisit my setup. I had bought a new 12′ rod (Snyder Glas MT144 8W 55 – 115 g) and the reel that I used was a bit undersized. So I have just bought a new reel off ebay for it – Daiwa Emcast Plus 5500, also got some Power Pro 30lb 500yd Braid.
Details here more for a reference to me rather than to tell the world what I have – makes shopping a bit easier.
Running 15lb YoZuri Hybrid on my Okuma reel for the 10′ Foot.
Current Leaders – 20lb, 40lb, 50lb
- 6′ Shakespeare Ugly Stick.
- 7′ Shimano Starlo Stix Squidgy Spin Medium. Line Weight 2-5kg. Lure Weight 4-15gm.
- 8′ Shimano General Purpose. Line Weight 5-8 kg.
- 10′ Butterworth SeaKnight Medium/Heavy Action. Line 5-10kg, Cast Weight 30 75 gm
- 12′ Snyder Glas MT144 8W 55 – 115 g
- Shimano Bantam Crestfire Overhead
- Shimano FX300
- Okuma Epix EB20
- Shimano FX4000FA
- Okuma Fina FA60
- Daiwa Emcast Plus 5500
- 15lb YoZuri Hybrid Smoke (Fluoro-Nylon)
- Sufix Matrix Pro Braid 3.6kg 8lb
- FirePower Mono 2.7kg 6lb
- Shimano Beast Master Mono 8lb 3.6kg
- Power Pro 30lb Braid